March 3, 2021 — The global pandemic has affected the release schedule for many games this year. Thankfully, the tide looks to be turning and Kurgan Compass readers have a variety of doom and gloom titles to look forward to as March bucks the trend with a slew of new indie titles and triple-A games.
There is much variety on offer here, the next-gen upgrades to Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Mortal Shell showcasing the power of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X. RTS title Stronghold: Warlords for Windows allows players to conquer dynasties in the Far East, while Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace presents a murder mystery with a backdrop of Lovecraftian horror.
Monster Hunter Rise helps end the month on a high, the much-anticipated release looking to bolster the already excellent library of games available on the Switch.
Gloomy Game Releases: March 2021
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5) — March 2
- Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition (PS5, Xbox Series S|X) — March 4
- The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante (Windows/Steam) — March 4
- Stronghold: Warlords (Windows/Steam) — March 9
- Mundaun (PS4/PS5, Xbox/Series S|X) — March 16 (Switch March 30)
- Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace (Xbox, Switch) — March 23
- Sanity of Morris (PS4/PS5, Xbox/Series S|X, Switch) — March 23
- Monster Hunter Rise (Switch) — March 26
- Chivalry 2: Special Edition (Windows/Epic Games Store) — March 26-29 (Limited Closed Beta)
- Bladed Fury (PS4/PS5) — March 30
- Mozart Requiem (Switch) — March 30